Keeping your morale and routine up in complicated times
by Galit Lifshitz
During these complicated times, while we're forced to sit at home and either work remotely or take care of our families, it is very difficult to get up in the morning and get dressed. No matter what our day looks like, we often find ourselves sitting in front of a computer with a keyboard in hand and from time to time, we even join a work meeting or two via apps like Zoom. This gives us the easy option to join the meetings with our cameras off and stay in our PJs working out of the comfort of our homes, for days and even weeks.
Some say this is the ultimate situation; no need to make an effort, no need to get dressed, simply bum around in our sweats all day.
Others feel it is disastrous!!!
Why? You ask:
Precisely now, in this state of uncertainty, experts explain that the best way to maintain a high morale and sanity is to stick to a daily routine.
And what does this routine include?
- Getting up in the morning
- Drinking a coffee or tea and eating breakfast
- Brushing your teeth
- Doing your hair
- Getting dressed
- And only then, sitting in front of your computer and starting your day
How do we do that? How do we make ourselves get dressed at home as if we were getting dressed to go to the office?
Here are some helpful tips you can apply:
- If you want to stay in comfortable clothes, you can always choose a comfortable T-Shirt or sweatshirt, but it's important to choose one with a nice pattern or print on it.
A printed or patterned T-shirt/sweatshirt gives a feeling of joy and directly affects our mood and creativity during the workday.
- If you're more into the solid colored T-shirts/sweatshirts, choose a bright color that will make you happy. Color inspires and helps keep our energy levels high throughout the day.
- If you have decided to keep your look simple with a grey/black/white/olive colored top, we recommend adding a colorful beaded necklace to spice up your looks. I personally recommend, using mybeadbox, which is a box filled with a selection of beads that allows you to string a variety of necklaces based on your daily look and allows you to reinvent yourself each day with a new necklace. Create your necklace out of colorful beads that can make any outfit look great.
- Light-haired and bright-eyed - pastel colors are the most suitable for you.
- Dark-skinned and dark-eyed - gold, mustard, and orange beads are perfect for you.
- Light-skinned and dark-skinned tones go well with deep colored bead combinations such as strong red, royal blue, grass colored green and yellow.
- Lastly, remember that if you have striped beads, they go great with bright colors like yellow, pink, red, blue and green.
Whichever combination you choose, remember that combining any accessory with your daily wardrobe - a necklace, earrings or scarf, can radically improve your overall feeling and directly affect your mood and creativity.
Keeping your morning routine as normal as possible, getting dressed and making sure to accessorize accordingly, will surely help your productivity and uplift your spirits during this crazy time we're living in.
To accessorize with MyBeadBox, feel free to check out the selection of necklaces.
The author is Galit Lifshitz, a personal stylist, a workshop facilitator, and professional makeup artist.
If you would like to guest blog on MyBeadBox, reach out to email@example.com and let me know what content you'd like to share.